- Autodesk Mapguide ActiveX control. This free control will allow you to use our mapping system. Our servers can detect if your system has this installed and install it for you if you do not. If for some reason we can not install it automatically, you can download it from our server here and install manually. NOTE: If you get a red x where the map should be, please install the latest Mapguide control from the link provided.
- Autodesk Design Review. This free viewer will allow you to use view our schematic plat system. Following this link will download Design Review http://www.autodesk.com directly from Autodesk
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. This free viewer will allow you to view our scanned maps and engineering plans. The viewer can be download from Adobe at http://www.adobe.com
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 through 11. The browser can be download from Microsoft at http://www.microsoft.com/ie/
When using recent versions of IE that have Compatibility View, you will most likely need to turn that feature on for the Single Reports
to work. Those are the additional information reports that show up on the left side of the map legend.
To turn on compatibility view, open the browser, click on the gear symbol in the top right corner, then click Compatibility View, then Add 'fresno.ca.us' (without the single quotes) to the list. Use Ok, restart browser and go in to VIEWFresno.
- Please Note: Windows 7 (64 bit) systems have Internet Explorer 8 installed with both 32 and 64 bit versions.
Since the Mapguide ActiveX control is a 32 bit control, it will only work in the 32 bit version of IE.
If you have the most current MapGuide ActiveX control and you still get the red screen where the map should be, check your IE8 browser version and ensure you are using the 32 bit version.
You can check your browser version after starting it by going to Help then About Internet Explorer.
If next to the version number it says "64-bit Edition" then VIEWFresno will not work.
If there is nothing next to the version number, VIEWFresno should work fine.
The typical installation location for the 32 bit version of IE8 is C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe (Use this one).
For reference, the typical installation location for the 64 bit version of IE8 is C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe (Do NOT use this one for VIEWFresno).
Required System Configuration
- Turn off any popup blockers or allow popups for http://dpuweb.ci.fresno.ca.us . The mapping system opens a new window from the home page to launch the map. Our system also opens new windows when scanned drawings or multiple reports are viewed. Many "toolbar" applications like the Google Toolbar or Yahoo Toolbar include popup blockers that are on by default. Windows XP service pack 2 also includes a popup blocker.
Recommended System Requirements
- We highly recommend a broadband internet connection. The type and amount of data accessible in ViewFresno requires a high speed internet connection to fully realize the system's potential.